Re: EOF characters in XyWrite files

Well, there is default 1A to toggle whether 1A is "respected" or not. So
you can always issue:

d 1A=1
and 1A (eof) will be ignored in what is sent to screen for displaying.

I seem to recall that there was also a command CAB that means "CAll Binary" which will open the file based on the directory file size, and hence include any embedded EOF characters.. Dale http://dale.mixmox.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Norman" To: ; Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:02 PM Subject: Re: EOF characters in XyWrite files > At 01:44 PM 10/17/2006, Dale Schultz wrote: > > >So binary files can have as many EOF characters as one likes. Each > >byte of the file > >is simply a value between 0 and 255 and 26 can be treated just like any other. > > Thanks for the precis, Dale. Question is: if a file has more than one > EOF character, how, if at all, is a printer affected? A lot of > variables: the machine itself, printer language its using, XY printer > file and so on. In my case it may have affected only one of XY's many > printer command alternatives. On the other had, as Patrica suggests, > I might have just bumped the printer during the print run, jarred a > cable lose and that was the problem. > > Michael Norman >
Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx