Problems with Windows clipboard

I have been suffering a curious problem with Windows clipboard for
years. Frequently, when I attempt to copy a piece of text from another
application to XyWrite (windowed) and I follow the usual procedure (Edit
/ Paste), XyWrite reacts in a very strange way: I see a screen not related at all to the paste-copy process (redlining). Is anyone else affected by this problem? Maybe I should change my program settings in the Windows PIF. What do you think?
Manuel Castelao