Re: Dos Box

MorrisKrok@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I do not know what you mean by a dos box.

Don't worry, it's only a bit of jargon.

> On my
> Hitachi Note Book, a very unreliable mechanism, I have a MS-DOS prompt (icon)
> on my main screen, I also have a shortcut to Xy3.

When you activate either of those, Win drops into dos - into what has
come
to be called its dos box.

>   Of course as I later learnt there is an alternative by restarting in dos
> mode.

Exactly - real dos as opposed to dos box. There aren't many differences
but the ones there are can be important.

Will there ever come a day when we can use a machine without having
to have knowledege of it - as opposed to the task we want to do with
it?