Re: Stand up and be counted

Reply to note from Wolfgang Bechstein  Sat,
02 Nov 2002 17:01:17 +1100

> I follow both of these rules, but that didn't help at all when
> some intellectual giants recently were quoting a Spanish-
> language virus hoax message back and forth no less than four
> times, a message that wouldn't have got in in the first place
> if the list were set to accept posts from subscribers only.

Not so. The message came from a subscriber, who later apologized.

Also, a message about a virus hoax, however annoying, isn't a virus.
Also, we all make mistakes.

Sometimes it seems the worst part about these hoax warnings is that
the ensuing howls of complaint end up consuming three times the
bandwidth of the original message -- yet another reason to refrain
from posting them.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx