More about Converting...

I found out a bit more about converting with freestanding DOS filters, which is
clearly the "way to go". I compiled what I know in a revised document at XyWWWeb;
search for "Freestanding Use" and click on the link (to FILTERS.HTM). This
document is pretty comprehensive, and easy to follow. I'm getting reports from
people who previously couldn't convert, or had faulty results, and are now getting
_perfect_ results. This is EASY. It works with ALL versions of XyWrite (the reason
it works with ALL versions is, that it DOESN'T USE XyWrite!). Also discovered the
fix for conversions that generated an extra page at the end. I'd like to hear from
others, especially those who had a new page after every word. It WILL work for you
too. The only reason it wouldn't work is if there's something wrong with your
version of DOS.

The bottom line is, lack of memory was causing most problems.

http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx