Perhaps each of us should be assigned a portion of the DLG to analyze and take apart (sections of it look unnecessarily complicated). Perhaps we could create a super-DLG which would be half the size and more efficient? Either that or we could discuss ideas about what we'd really prefer in a menu system (Win) or a nonmenu system. ≪≪ I've spent literally HOURS pouring over the arcane workings of the DLG files. Revealing what you can learn.... Buried in one version was a "Re-Open" dialogue section, which allowed the user to open previously edited documents. Most modern Windoze apps have this capability: the bottom of the File menu usually lists 4 to 6 recent documents/files. I ended up tying myself in knots trying to implement this in XyWrite: the stopper was trying to save the list of recently opened files between editing session. Also, in one verision of the DLG file for XyDos I found a rudimentary phone directory and dialer. It opened a file called "phones", listing names and numbers, and allowed the user to run a batch file in DOS to dial that number. I mucked around with it, and now all my common phone numbers are available on a special "Stuff!" pull down menu on the menu bar. If there's interest, I can post the code for the "Stuff!" menu here or on the TTG BBS. Steve