Registry

I run XyDos 4.018 on W98SE and XP Pro systems. I also run Nbene 7.0b on
both, WITH U2. In NB with a solid non-blinking cursor, the cursor
disappears. NB tech support, which had been very helpful, reports no other
instances of this. I won't waste bandwidth with all the trouble-shooting,
save to say I've tried disabling U2 in NB without improvement to the
cursor. But...
I'm going to try a fresh install of NB. Question: does U2 make any changes
to the registry on install? I want a clean registry for the install (Yes, I
know I can simply use a new folder/directory)? Thanks.

Michael Norman