Re: printer file

Michael Norman wrote:

> Question 1: Bought an Epson 777 color inkjet and can't get it to work with
> XyDos. Downloaded all the Epson printer files on the TTG site and tried
> each one (with a "load xxxxx.prn") and nothing worked.
>
> A) Printer on LPT 1 and works fine from Windows.
> B) XyDos is talking to the printer (when you execute print the print head
> moves back and forth) but it will not print.
> C) Also tried the HP inject file on the Xywwweb site and that did not work.
>
> Anyone have any ideas or a printer file for the Epson 777 color inject?

Michael,

I have an Epson Stylus Color 800 Inkjet on LPT2. It uses 3 different Epson
printer files, depending on what I want to do. Only one of them will print
Text in colors. I think these may be XY3 drivers TTG pointed me towards a
couple years ago, with some very minor tweaks (like putting the ";PR"
header-thingie in, which you have to have for ver. 4) . . . but I would have
to double check that to be sure. The manual for this printer has a useful
glossary with the necessary printer Escape Codes, something you certainly can't
count on with a lot of printers these days. Most likely, these escape
sequences apply across the Epson inkjet line.

I also just acquired a Tech. Ref. Manual for the Lexmark Optra 40, containing
the relevant codes, as I'm hell-bent on cobbling together a driver for that.
Those codes apply to several other Lexmark printers, incl. a couple of their
lasers. If anyone needs said info, please let me know and I'll make it
available here.

But I won't be able to start doing much about any of this for a good couple
weeks yet.

> PS: Never did figure out why I could not get XyDos to display on a second
> machine. Surely it was some graphics driver or setting my teenage son
> installed, but the good news is that we got a new Dell Optiplex and the
> only thing I had to do was copy over via Zip drive all my Xy files
> (including editor) from the old machine and it worked right away. Did not
> even have to install, just a tweak or two with the windows properties and
> there it was. Thanks to all those who helped with the original problem.

All's well that ends well.

Jordan