RE: Custom keyboards

I am currently typing this on a PC 122 (specifically, the Black 5250 Buckling Spring USB keyboard, part number UB40B5A) that I bought directly from Unicomp in December 2012.  I have not reprogrammed the keyboard and am using my former XyWrite key assignments.

At the top of the keyboard are function keys F1 through F24; F13 through F24 are shifts of F1 through F12.  The ten keys to the left of the letter keys are labeled (top to bottom, then left to right):

SysRq Esc Attn

Print Screen [(and on front of key) SysRq]

Print

Record

[Windows key]

Scroll Lock

Pause Clear [(and on front of key) Break]

Help

Play

[Windows menu key [seems to be equivalent to mouse right-button]

I regularly use only the Esc and Windows keys and have not mapped their codes.

The eleven directional keys to the right of the letter keys have the Delete key centered in the second row at the top and the Insert key above it.

Sometime when I have the time to explore I could find out more.  I don't recall any significant documentation coming with the item.  The only complaint I have about it so far is the non-standard placement of the Delete key.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul Ambos