Re: Xy under XP pro - cursor problem in thesaurus

** Reply to message from Lisa Kleinholz  on Wed, 1 Oct
2003 15:44:32 -0700 (PDT)

> Problem: the up/down/right/left arrow keys do not move highlighting
> from word to word. Nothing happens. Page up and down, when used alone
> also do nothing. However control-page down/up, and other functions do
> work.

You're lucky this only happens with the Thesaurus. On my wife's Dell notebook
(XP Pro SP1 -- not that it matters, this is a keyboard controller issue, I
think), the cursor keys never work in XyWrite (Ctrl-whatever does work). But
if you plug in an external keyboard, normality returns. Since I always work
with external (Avant Stellar) keyboards, I never really delved into the problem
to try to fix it... But it's peculiar to notebooks, and has something to do,
obviously, with the rinky-dink keyboards they employ.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx