Re: irrelevant and irreverent-L. Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Holmgren
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, October 22, 1998 12:19 AM
Subject: Re: irrelevant and irreverent-L. Anderson

>Xy4 IS Signature. Debugged, and very slightly enhanced, but otherwise --
identical.
>Same commands, same VAriables, functionally same everything. So... yes! Lots
of us. If you
>migrate to Xy4 v4.017, you'll notice no functional difference. But a lot more
speed, and fewer
>problems. There's no good reason to stick with Signature...

Xy4 and Signature have some big differences. The biggest: the speller and
thesaurus in Signature were the abominations inserted by IBM. After using
Sig for a few weeks I deinstalled and went back to Xy 3+. Xy4 restored the
good Microlytics speller, and all was serene.

Also, as you point out, signature was much slower.

jb