Re: XyWrite and C (in the 21st century)

** Reply to message from Bill Troop  on
Wed, 03 Sep 2008 01:43:57 +0100

Bill:

> Unicode, for a start. Complete OpenType support. Much better
> advanced typography support.

Speak to Steve Siebert, then. Seriously. Nobody else is going
to do it.

But do speak for yourself. I (and I suspect others) have no
particular interest in those things. Indeed, speaking for
myself, I have zero interest in those things. They're
irrelevant to an editor (a.k.a. "EDITOR.EXE"). I'm a writer,
not a printer. A-Z, 0-9.

> All successful programs of this age have had complete albeit painful
> codebase rewrites. Why should XyWrite be excepted?

Why "should" it be excepted? Is there some imperative operating
here? It takes somebody with access to the sourcecode, who has
tons of time and interest, and doesn't expect much or any
remuneration: independently wealthy + completely idle +
first-class programmer + XyQuest or NB insider would be perfect.
Do you have somebody in mind?

R.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx