Re: gnarly printing issues

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> ** Reply to message from jr_fox@xxxxxxxxxxx on Mon, 15 Jan 2001
> 22:03:26 -0800

> not Xy3. You've screwed something up in your copy. Compare them.

Robert,

The TTG site was down for a couple days. When it came back online, I got
a fresh copy of HPLJ-2.PRN, which made no difference. (But I'm not
certain there are no later editions of this file in circulation.) 95% of
my Speedo fonts still go unseen, unless I load HPLJ-4.PRN.

> Make sure the PR spec points to the file location of LJ.BIN (which you
> can also DL from TTG); it should say something like
> "PR=G:\L\LJ.BIN,L2".

The LJ.BIN they had was identical to mine.

> If you want to see my copy of HPLJ-2.PRN, I'll
> ship it. It has a bunch of handmade softfonts, perhaps similar to
> those you describe, integrated into the FA and FP specs, and will show
> you how to do that.

Yes, I'd still like to see this, to try as an alternate and for learning
how to handle the softfont issue.

Jordan