Re: DOS Emulator

Thanks to all for the many posts on Opsyses and configurations. They raise
a number of issues, particularly the issue of time -- how much time do we
have to invest in the various gyrations with hardware and operating systems
and utilities and tweaks and work-arounds to keep our favorite WP. I
appreciate the sentiment of independence here, the rebellion against
Gatesian oppression, but there are no doubt many reasons why many here use
an MS OP instead of Linux, OS2 and so on -- programming, as RH said, but
also time. My bottom line, I think, is somewhat common to many on the list:
I just want to keep XyDos, keep it running smoothly with U2, and looking as
clear and crisp as it does in a DosBox with Seibert's fonts. I'll either
partition an XP box or use VPC, depending on how the trials go at our shop.
Perhaps sometime hence someone will develop a patch utility for XP and the
DosBox. Again, thank you for all the suggestions. They were most welcome
and of great assistance.
PS: Carl -- finally got around to using VPT, which liberated me from
UltraVision, and that liberation, in turn, allowed me to remove its device
drivers from config\autoexec, which, again in turn, stopped many crashes
and hangups. Thanks for passing that on last year.