Re: [Junk released by Allow List] Re: more on MS networking

At 05:05 PM 12/6/2007, Robert Holmgren wrote:
AT&T. From the factory, their phones are locked. You can call
a special number, and AT&T will just give you an unlock code
(free). Then you can slip in other SIMs -- I have a Vodafone
account for when I'm abroad, and that's where the international
"rock-bottom rates" come from: another carrier's SIM (AT&T's
rates are no bargain, over $1/minute -- but! it does mean people
can call you from anywhere at your regular domestic [US] cell
number).

Very useful post. Thanks.
Michael Norman