Re: email-style italics

I guess there would be no point in a program that searched for the
first _, replaced it with e.g. , searched for the second,
replaced it with e.g. ? That was my first thought coming back
to this but the problem is that it would miss out any unbalanced
pairs. Anyone remember the ^S sequences for underline on/off in early
WordStar? You'd always got them wrong at least some of the time, and
only discover after printing!