Re: Parse

I wrote:
> Have others found parse less than robust?

Carl replied:
Less than robust? Not at all. Quite the contrary.

That code fragment you provided is meaningless: Save/Get 01 has no
initial content. Also, it has an error: ">" should be,
of course, ">".
That error is because I actually write code in my XyBasic language then
it's compiled to correct XPL automatically, so I'm a little rusty on my XPL
syntax.
How about a real-world example of XS code that fails? (ENCODE it;
don't use pseudo-code.) Dollars to doughnuts, it's user error.
No doubt. As I said in my reply to Robert, I'll be on the lookout for real
problems. But at least you two have convinced me that I don't have to avoid
XS by putting the content of S/Gs into a temporary window and using SEarch.
I thought I was having memory problems with XS on strings that were two or
three hundred bytes long, but maybe it wasn't memory, just improper use of
XS, not checking the state of the variables that go into it.

Damn us stupid users. :-)

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx