Re: Re[2]: insufficient memory msg

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Mon, 15 Jun 98 16:17:14 -0500

> Carl: Your suggestion about launching Xy 4 with expanded memory of up
> to 4 megs seemed to work for me only when I launched Xy 4 from the DOS
> prompt. To do so by clicking on a Windows desktop icon, I believe I
> have to change the Expanded Memory in Properties to 4096. I was unable
> to launch Xy 4 by changing the Properties Program screen because it
> would not accept the Editor/e4000 without the .exe.

It's one thing to make 4Mb of EMS available for the session via the OS,
quite another to tell XyWrite to utilize it. "/e4000" is an argument;
so if you're launching via an icon, put it on the argument line, not on
the same line as the "Program" name (EDITOR)! (I haven't got Win95
running now, but when you're filling out an icon template surely there
are separate specs for program, arguments, and working directory...)

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx
---------