Re: Spelling

Robert,

 >> Your main macro is wrong, I believe. Think about it: you're saying, in
 >> essence, if I'm in French (®VAUD¯=="FRANCAIS"¯), then ***stay*** in French
 >> (BX (d om=0 )BX (load c:\xy4\fra.spl) etc etc)! In other words, you never
 >> leave French. And likewise, ....
 >> Moreover, don't even *try* to toggle UD; that's the buggy instruction that
 >> I told you about! OM is your toggle, your only toggle. Set UD and LX
 >> *once* in SETTINGS.DFL and don't touch them again.

My approach is different from yours; it has worked with SIG, since its
beginning and with XY4, as long as I stick to PCLEXAM. It allows me to switch
between dictionaries, even within the same document, depending upon the status
of the UD embedded command (very well documented in SIG). My ONLY problem was
with one default dictionary, having words in both english and french. This
problem was solved 99% thanks for your help.

My macro, before beginning the spelling, actually says: if UD=FRANCAIS then
load the fra.spl & define om=0; if NOT Francais then load eng.spl and define
om=31. It works as long as do not redefine UD within the document. It uses the
proper personal dictionaries and adds new words accordingly. If I redefine UD
then the spelling uses the default dictionary defined at the beginning of the
spell.

 >> I hardly ever SPELL en masse; I use the Thesaurus a lot, and occasionally
 >> function SO SpellOne (check a single word). But mass SPELL works also with
 >> this dual-dictionary setup. I just tried it, toggling the two spellers --
no

I am a lousy typer so the mass spell is one of my "best friend". I use similar
macros for SO and SY and they work also with PCLEXAM only. My only problem,
which TTG does not want to aknowledge (blaming on memory conflicts on my
system) is a lockup if I use the replace function in french synonyms (no
problem in english).

 >> If it doesn't work, then look in your keyboard file, and see whether Q1
 >> through Q6 are assigned to unshifted keys 59-64.

What is that, never heard or changed anything in that area. My foreign keyboard
file imported from SIG and slightly modified has:
 59=Q1,H@; 60=XH,SG; 61=DF; 62=DP; 63=BC; 64=XH,NX;

 >> And BTW, did you move all the Microlytics files to the C:\XY4 directory?
 >> That's WORD.OVR, WFBG.SYN, and DICT.SPL. Do that first. Move all the
 >> PCLEXAM files too ... Demain

Yes and everything is in place. I will stick to the PCLEXAM in english and
french until I find a better support. I will forget about Microlytics until it
works properly as the only default.

 A demain et merci, -- Michel Slivitzky