Re: Workaround for DIR in VBox

I always have to update both versions of Flash -- the Active-X one and the "plain" one.  Even though I never really use IE, the Flash Player complains if I don't.  They seem to install over top of the previous versions here with no problem; I've never had to uninstall the prior one first.  (Or maybe the installer just does that by itself anyway, under the hood ?)

   Jordan

From: Kari Eveli
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2014 12:58 AM
Subject: Re: Workaround for DIR in VBox

Carl,

The problem is your Flash installation. Go to:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Please note that Firefox and IE use different types of Flash. (Chrome
has it built-in). You must install both in order to view videos: To
check if you have them installed go to Control Panel, Programs. You
should have:
Adobe Flash Player 14 ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player 14 Plugin
The current version is 14.0.0.145 for both.

Some time ago there were problems with Flash versions, but the current
version does not seem to be affected. If you have an older version,
remove it before installing.

Your mileagemay drop to zero, if you forget to fill in some gas.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx