Re: DOS printers

Bill Troop wrote:

> One thing: it would be crazy to buy an HP II for $100. The print quality is
> atrocious by today's standards. Even an HP IV is bad by today's standards.
> This is a 1200 dpi world.

I disagree with that. And I guess it depends on how much you want to be able to
print directly through Xy, with an existing or an adapted Xy printer driver. I'm
still a dedicated Xy4DOS user, and want to be able to print this way (not to
mention having the use of handy old utilities like 4Print), so my range of
options is more limited.

That being said, LexMark is supposed to have some contemporary laser printer
models that are closer to the older HP's in quality and design, and I assume they
would be 1200 dpi. HP printer files for Xy can probably be modified to support
them.

Jordan