Re: autoreplace [was auto-correct] in 3.58

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this (I follow the threads somewhat

loosely these days), but the out-of-the-box Xy4DOS, in addition to doing the
Autoreplace in the usual way, can do on-the-spot replacements without
invoking the automatic feature. If you have a personal spelling file with
replacements in it, you just type the thing you want to replace (like xma for
Massachusetts) and press the Ctrl key all by itself. This is handy if you
want to be selective about what you replace. In the example, you could have
ma Massachusetts and invoke the replacement only when you want to (if, for
instance, you're writing to your ma in Massachusetts and don't want to begin
"Dear Massachusetts," ...

Tim Baehr