Re: BX dangers

Reply to note from Leslie Bialler  Mon, 15 Dec
97 15:10:46 +0000

-> Thanks Harry! I have found so many instances where BX Q2
-> doesn't work properly that I have gone back to BC XC for just
-> about every routine I wrote. The speed gained by use of the
-> former is offset by the number of times it fails to operate
-> properly. When you use it, there ought to be a virtual Clint
-> Eastwood icon in the background asking you if you feel lucky.

Specific examples would make my day. Are these malfunctions further
instances of the screen-refresh problem that Robert pin-pointed, or
something else again? Also, are you talking about Xy4 or XyWin (or
both)? If Xy4, what version?

I load a 680K U2 Help file that contains exactly 2481 BX statements,
and I haven't noticed any such problem since at least Xy4 v4.016.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/