Re: moving TAME settings from one computer to another

Please give me the link to download vDosXy that will work for Xywrite 3.57.
I can't attempt it tonight - it's actually almost 2 a.m. here, and I'm punchy from hours wrestling with Windows 7! But as soon as I can, I'll try it.

I don't know why Tame isn't working for me in Windows 7, but clearly it isn't. None of Xywrite's formatting is available - when I try to underline or bold text, for example, I get a fleeting message in the command line about headers and footers.

(Getting xywrite to work is the most important issue for me,  but not the only frustration. My formatting options in Gmail seem to have vanished in Windows 7 -- and none of the solutions offered online has fixed that. And I'm still trying to get the damn OS to shut down without installing updates, even though I've told it to let me decide when to install them. Apparently when there are updates, shutting down without installing them isn't an option, as it was in XP. )

Ah well, it was ever thus. I've yet to change operating systems without these travails, and eventually I've always managed to get the new one working smoothly.

Lynn