Re: Backup software

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 9:28 PM, Edward Mendelson mailto:em36@xxxxxxxx wrote:
ShadowProtect is unmatched for reliability. (I won’t let Acronis anywhere near my system after multiple bad experiences.)

I'm taking your comment to heart. Acronis has always worked for me in the past, but not today.

The hex editor Kari recommended did open the Xy file that unaccountably vanished from my computer this morning - and alas, it's corrupted and unreadable. When I turned to Acronis to restore it, I find I can't do that. Acronis tells me my last successful backup was last night -- but its Restore system doesn't find a backup more recent than November 17 2015!!!

After I figure out what's wrong with my C drive (and/or with the F drive I use for backup), I'll be looking to replace Acronis...