Re: glitch putting Xywrite on Windows XP

Lynn:
The corrected path (in E:\autoexec.bat) is ...
You don't edit AUTOEXEC.BAT to change the Path in Win XP. You have two
options. Option (1) is to modify the Path globally, by doing the
following:

Click Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
Click on Environment Variables; under System Variables, find Path, and click on it.
Click Edit, then append E:\XY to the existing Path.
Close the edit window.
Alternatively, if you have setx.exe on your system, you can open a CMD window and issue (once):

setx.exe path %PATH%;E:\XY
Option (2) is to set the Path in the XyWrite session only, by launching XyWrite from a BATch file, like this:

@echo off
path %PATH%;e:\xy
editor.exe
Option (1) seems like overkill to me, since XyWrite is (probably) the only program that needs to have the \XY directory in the Path. For myself, I use Option (2).

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx