I Must Be Missing Something

Several weeks ago I printed out a newsletter for a local food group I'm
in,using Xy4 and a laserjet 4. In a few places I used dingbats, culled from an
internal font of the HP laserjet 4 called WINGDINGS. The newsletter had a
embedded graphic logo in the running footer, snaking columns, etc. and came out
fine, dingbats included. This week I go to do it again, copy over the whole top
portion of the last newsletter, add all the news, text, announcements, etc. I
go to print and boom, it crashes. (Only the OS/2 VDM, so it politely crashed
just that session and gave me (probably useless) register info. It does this
every time, after I tried many variants. It does it even if I just boot to a
regular dos environment (although then the whole machine crashesand it does it
even if I tyf (type to file). The culprit is not the snaking or the logo
graphic but the ≪UFWINGDINGS≫ which no longer works. What am I doing
differently-NOTHING except using the new printer file for the HP 4 from
XyQuest! Soooo, can someone tell me what sequence of triangles will cause
wingdings to print. (I know I won't see them on the screen,but that's fine).
It has something to do with symbol sets because on some redoing of my SY and UF
commands it doesn't crash, but neither does it print the wingding symbols.
Next week I hope to get someone to solve the problem that invoking a menu
entry in XY4 crashes my dos session under OS/2. Some sort of expanded memory
problem. But I need help on this dingbat thing, because I thought I knew how
these things work, I had it working, and now I can't get it to work at all.
(Bless OS/2 for insulating me from a total reboot).