Saving to USB drives from VDOS

Dear Carl
Another question and another challenge, I am afraid. I have just started using XY4 in VDOS for some serious writing and I have run into an awkwardness that I do not know how to solve. I usually save my work to one of two USB drives which I swap around after ejecting one or the other from windows. However I cannot do this with VDOS because it will only recognise a drive if it is there when it loads and then I cannot eject the drive cleanly. (I could just pull it out I suppose but I am loath to do that.)
Is it possible to use WX, which you brought our attention to recently,
to save the current XY4 file in VDOS to a USB drive that is only
accessible in the host -- in this case Windows 7 64 bit? I tried,
rather clumsily, to achieve this myself but did not succeed.

Thanks

Best wishes

Paul