Re: PostScript Output from XY

Thomas J Hawley wrote:
you need to specify a new font that's not already in the .PRN's width tables. There is a Xy utility
that will assist in extracting the widths from the font's definition file and inserting them into
the .PRN, but as I recall (and I have not had occasion to do this for ten years or so) it was a
little buggy and there were always a few bad widths that had to be tracked down and corrected
manually.
That was the old one, from XyQuest or TTG. Robert has written a MUCH better routine in U2; Command Help Postwidth (assuming you have U2 loaded).
The so-far-insoluable problem (but I really haven't had time to give it
the attention it needs) is figuring out how to get GhostScript and
GSView to recognize additional fonts beyond the ones native to
Ghostscript. But if you can make do with the native fonts, just get
Ghostscript and GSview if you don't have them, then use the PostGhst.prn
driver and XYtoPDF in U2. C'mon, guys. If a mere skiirt can do it....

Patricia M. Godfrey
Patricia M. Godfrey