Re: Northgate Keyboards

Mike Solla:

I would never use anything but a keyboard with the function keys on
the left, and so far as I know Northgate is the only option. After I
wore out my old one (actually the key switches were full of cat hairs)
last year, I did not have an easy time finding one. I finally tracked
down the submerged remains of Northgate, previously the big-scale
maker of the Cadillac of clones, but I don't remember where.

I have to laugh at the "natural" keyboards that put the function keys
at the top, where they are useless to people who naturally
touch-type.

--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science