CR, LF -- XY4 & NB

Awhile back there was a discussion about converting the CR/LF pair back
and forth to a single LF. It was discussed that while this was possible
to convert a LF to a CR/LF pair in Xy4, it was not possible to do the
reverse, there a program was suggested that would do it.

This had me thinking, as a NB user, that there was a way to have a
selected portion of text placed in the command line. Once there, i
thought, it should be easy to change either one, back and forth.

When i tried to find this command on Xy4, i was unable to find it. To
make sure that i wasn't dreaming the whoe thing, i fired up NB on my
machine, loaded in a file that had the CR/LF pair, selected the CR/LF,
went to the command line, pressed the (numeric) + , and that CR/LF
character pair was put at the command line. I then was able to edit
this command line to have the Cr/LF pair converted to just a LF, or a
CR.

I'm going to see what this key is actually doing in NB and see if i can
get Xy4 to do the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas/clues? Am i missing something?

ANy help is appreciated!

Thanks

Russ