Re: UnDo2

Carl,

Arrrggghhh! I think I see what happened. I downloaded the new DLG file
(several times), but in using 4DOS's MOVE command to put the zip file in my
Xy directory, the long filename got shortened, causing me to unzip the
wrong file. When I unzipped into the same directory that I had downloaded
into, I got the correct file, which I could then copy over. Either MOVE is
dangerous, or I confused the numbers of the shortened long-file-name.

At any rate, I messed up the install by using the wrong DLG file. I had
checked that "the very first" thing in the file was a 5$S frame, but I
didn't check that it had exactly the required content--i.e., 5$S? instead
of 5$S,$E.

I've got to learn to slow waaay down on these things, and check every
single symbol. The penalty for me was a painful 3 hours uselessly checking
my .KBD file, so I can say "Lesson learned." But I'm very sorry for the
time Robert and you elected to put in on this.

Robert has been very, very patient with me, and I really appreciate it. And
my special thanks to you for finding my error.

The good news is: IT WORKS!

Thanks,
Harry

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger Wed, 06 Aug 2008 21:18:26 -0400 Harry: > {{5$S,$E}} That's wrong! It should be {{5$?}}, as per Robert's instructions. The wildcard framename "$?" redirects ALL funcs $A-$Z|$0-$9 to U2; the nonvariable framename "$S,$E" only redirects funcs $S and $E. That's why you get the backup when you issue the U2 framename directly ($K), but not when you issue func $K via the KBD file, or via the CMline with FUNC $K. Func $K is not being redirected to U2. You have an out-of-date DLG file. Download http://holmgren.home.acedsl.com/XY4DLG.ZIP and unzip it into your XyWrite directory. QUIT and restart XyWrite. Then you'll be in business. -- Carl Distefano cld@xxxxxxxx
Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx