Re: Multiple launches and deleting .TMP files

> nothing I did would get it to show the
> size of those TMP files as being other than 0 bytes

Not baffling:  the files are OPEN, they're being written.  It is perfectly
normal behavior for _many_ Windows programs to report zero filelength while
files are open and in use.  You see the length when the files are closed (i.e.
XyWrite terminates).

Ahhh. Now I get it. But I would have thought the safer thing would be for Xy to close and re-open periodically. But then I guess it's safe enough, as I've never had a problem. And way back when--when Xy was created--to close and re-open files took time. I still remember my amazement at how much faster my 20 meg hard drive was than my 360K floppies.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx