Re: Xywrite's autocorrect and autoreplace

At 11:35 AM 12/18/00 -0500, yesss@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>Daniel quotes another subscriber frothing at the mouth

I think that was me, and I am not frothing at the mouth.

>about the necessity to type an extra char in v3 releases
>after v3.55 to get autoreplace to work. I believe autoreplace
>kicks in in any release only when you signal that the
>word is complete by typing a space or return. That's the
>only "extra char" v3.56-v3.58 require to autoreplace.

Unless you enter the AR codes in the keyboard file (which is not described
in the manual), you have to press a Function key in that version in order
to make the replacement -- which was precisely the point of the point of
the lawsuit.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)