Re: 98 again

Wolfgang Bechstein wrote:

> Peregrine@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > ... most people
> > consider it good advice NOT to upgrade from Win95 to Win98 using the upgrade
> > provided by Microsoft. Instead, do a "clean install" of Win98.
>
> Yes, that is indeed the common wisdom, and I'm sure the people
> recommending it have sound reasons for it

I have seen some horribly screwed up systems that had done this. If you look at
the resulting directory structure with a good file mgr. (*not* Win Explorer), you
will see a lot of leftover W95 stuff. The result is neither fish nor fowl, and,
Win being Win, the vast majority of users will have no clue what -- if anything --
can then safely be deleted, without doing even worse damage.

Jordan