Re: Dumb XY3+ question

Reply to note from rrr@xxxxxxxx (Yo Intl.) Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:11:11
+0900 (JST)

-> I wanted to define Ctrl+Shift+B as "dir *.bak" (no urgent need,
-> but it seemed like a good idea), but when I insert the line
-> 48=BC,d,i,r, ,*,.,b,a,k into the keyboard file at the needed
-> location, nothing happens. The computer just pretends there is
-> no definition. All other key definitions work.

Nothing wrong with your key assignment; just to make sure my eyes
weren't deceiving me, I CoPied it verbatim to Ctrl-Shift-B in my .KBD
file and reloaded; it worked fine. When you say you inserted the line
"at the needed location", are you absolutely certain that you placed it
under TABLE=CTRL+SHIFT and not, inadvertently, in another table? If
the location is correct, what happens when you try mapping other
functions to Ctrl-Shift-B? Do they work? If not, you might consult a
repair service; it's probably a defective keyboard. OTOH, if some work
and others don't, an exorcist might be the better choice ("take two
aspersions and call me in the morning").

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/