Re: Dosemu, Linux, XyWrite -- Xmacro

At 01:03 AM 12/6/2007, Bob wrote:
Please let me know if you find out how to use the xmacrorec2 program that allows you to record keystrokes and mouse clicks. It won't work on my machine. at least not obviously. I think I got it to work once, but this was by accident and I couldn't duplicate the right commands later.

Bob, I was figuring out how to use xmacro and couldn't get xmacrorec2 to start in a terminal window ("not found" was the reported error) but then typed xmacrorec (also installed with xmacro) and though I didn't record a macro with that command, the next time I tried xmacrorec2 (unmodified in any way) it worked. Odd, but true; maybe it'll work for you.

That time out I didn't redirect output to a file, so I just copied the terminal contents into a file and edited them.

However, I have the reverse problem, in that I can't get the macro to work. I can't assign it to a key in Ubuntu, but I'd think it'd work run from a launcher on the desktop or one of the panel bars.

pl

Paul Lagasse
PO Box 144
Kemblesville, PA 19347
pglagasse@xxxxxxxx

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. -- The Borg
Cooperate with the inevitable. -- Dale Carnegie