RE: Dataviz and xyW

Mimi:
>Hi all,
>I am enjoying this group, although I have to admit, I don't understand most
>of the programming. I am still a Xywrite 3.5 user. I work for a company
>that refuses (and I don't blame them) to change from Xywrite to anything
>else.

Three cheers!

>I suggested to my manager that we get Xywrite Windows. I am not sure
>exactly what this is, but have heard some on this group mention it. I guess
>the issue is 1) we should at least definitely upgrade to XyWrite 4.0; 2)
>what is Xywrite Windows (I'm not sure the exact name of the program) and how
>does it work? Is it easy to convert files from XW windows to XY dos?; 3) is
>it easy to learn? and 4) can we PURCHASE it? Who sells XyWrite products now
>or are they sold at all????

The TTG will be happy to sell it to you -- be sure to buy it as an
upgrade, otherwise they will invoice you for the full 500 Dollar
phantasy price.
You will be able to use XY-Windows immediately as it is (although
it took me a while to find the command line, which is hidden in a tiny
box at the left bottom of the screen), and adapt it to your preferences
over time. No problem using your old XY files -- you open them as they
are.
You can save as RTF and thus be compatible with the Word world --
although Microsoft in its unfathomable wisdom has now made some changes
in RTF which means the latest Word versions don't read the XY generated
RTF any more. Why they do this with a format which is supposed to be
platform-independent is something you might want to ask Microsoft about.

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--"What is the point of having this superb military you're always
--talking about if we can't use it?" Madelaine K. Albreight