OK, one last time

What he said! .... [borderline] obsessive-compulsive... keep it short

I'm a dreadful last-ditcher, so I can't resist just one more
word on the subject in view les temps detestable.

I'm an avid supporter both of conventional germ theory and of traditional [alternative] medicine. Morris is too rigid for
my taste, though obviously well-meaning, but there is a small
degree to which I agree with his criticism of the germ-theory
mindset, and that is where it is extrapolated to politics and
other areas of life. I think it should be left to medicine. I was
much struck by news reports of the sentencing of one of the
older WTC terrorists a couple of years ago. The judge spoke
of the prisoner as a virus to be eradicated, etc. This language
chillingly mirrored favorite phrases of Goebbels and Hitler  I
was at that time reading about in Gitta Sereny's riveting
journalistic biography, 'Albert Speer, His Struggle With
Truth.' The Nazis were mad about exploiting the "germ-
theory mindset" as I will call it, to abet the destruction of
their enemies, as no doubt many others have done in what
we may call the 'germ theory generations.' That seems to
me dangerous. So pervasive is the mindset that it is
difficult for me to characterize my own off-topic spouting
as anything but a hideous virus, almost impossible to cure.