Re: Re[2]: insufficient memory msg

At 10:06 PM 6/16/98 EST, Robert wrote:
>It's one thing to make 4Mb of EMS available for the session via the OS,
>quite another to tell XyWrite to utilize it. "/e4000" is an argument;
>so if you're launching via an icon, put it on the argument line, not on
>the same line as the "Program" name (EDITOR)! (I haven't got Win95
>running now, but when you're filling out an icon template surely there
>are separate specs for program, arguments, and working directory...)

I got around the problem, in theory, by having the windows icon
launch a batch file with the one line:

c:\xy\editor.exe/e4000

I say, in theory, because although it launched, the System
Monitor showed it used the same amount of memory as without it,
even though I had set the Memory tab under Properties to use 4096.

I have no real need for the extra memory, it was just an experiment.

Regards,

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx