Re: email-style italics

 I think that if you look at the U2 utility EMAIL, you will see that it
 converts XY4 italics to what some of you want, namely, _this sort of
 thing_. Just try it. Write something using XY4 italics code, then
 invoke EMAIL, and see if it converts to underscore before and after
 the italicised part in XY4. It should.

 I remember this because I was the one who asked Carl years ago to
 create this particular utility, i.e., EMAIL to do this sort of thing.
 I think that you will also discover that it cnoverts è to 'e, etc.

 M.W. Poirier

 P.S.: As for going the other way, I know that EMAIL will not do that,
 but there may be some other U2 utility, of which I am not aware, that
 does.

------