Re: can you format a usb key?

Andy Turnbull wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to format a USB key?
I've had no difficulty reformatting them (usually as fat32 for max. portability), except when software like U3 is loaded and I've wanted to get rid of it -- you have to seek out the U3 uninstaller if its not on the drive.
If you have trouble reformatting it, try downloading the Parted Magic
iso (free, 70 MB), burning it, and booting into it and using the
partition editor Gparted (the icon's on the desktop) to format. It's
probably best to delete the partition, create a new partition, and then
format it, -- though it's not always 100% clear what to do next,
rightclicking the partition usually shows you all the options when it's
not clear, and the graphical interface is otherwise easy to use.

Paul Lagasse