You can load a file into an ordinary Save/Get with BC ldpm
filename,x XC, where x is a single key (a-z, 0-9). This is the
way we load programs onto macro keys. But what if you want to
load a file into, say, S/G 1879? the command 'ldpm
filename,1879 doesn't work! And what if you already have all
your "ordinary" save/gets assigned (or don't know what may be
assigned)?

Here's how. Let's assume that you'd like to use the "1" key as a
temporary key and 1879 as the destination Save/Get.
≪SX10,≪VA@1≫≫BX LDPM filename,1Q2
≪SX1879,≪IS1≫≫≪SX1,≪IS10≫≫
That's it! You can use some number other than 10 for the first
SX and last IS, of course. What you've done is stash the
contents of the "1" key (if any) in S/G 10 until you need it
again. There are probably some memory limitations involved in
this (I wouldn't want the "1" key to contain a 7.5Kb macro!), but
 the scheme should work in most places.

I just re-discovered this trick on the way to getting XyWrite to
remember all the files that have been opened and save the list
from session to session.

T.