Re: XY search question

Those files fall in the 20 percent that I have to deal w/ manually. I'm
unaware of a way to solve this problem. We await the analysis and judgment
of the XyExperts.

At 01:51 PM 12/17/01 +0900, you wrote:
At 23:27 Uhr -0500 16.12.2001, Jay McNally wrote:
>1) Changes each occurrence of a return to a space
>2) Changes occurrences of two spaces to one space
>
>This combination creates, in most cases, clean paragraphs w/o the returns
>that were inserted by the email or html programs.
>
>Because there is the danger in this process you will loose the markers the
>writer intended to establish paragraphs, this program first changes double
>hard returns to the string "xxx", (one presumes the text does not have
>"xxx" in it). It strips out all hard returns and later replaces the two
>hard returns in place the "xxx".

Yes, that would work nicely or files that are written in a consistent style.
However, I often get files where intended paragraphs are only one return, and
there are multiple returns where none should be (try sending an Adobe file to
pdf2text.com, and you will see).
So, I wondered if I can simply tell XY to ignore the returns. Not possible?

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo (rrr @ twics.com)