Re: va$nw ? [was va$wn ?]

 > If I add debugging prompts in v4 ...
 >	{pr_1}{sx86,{va$nw}}{pr_2}
 >... the last thing that prints to screen is {pr_1}. Only way out is
 >C-A-D. If I comment that out and hardcode the 86 where va$nw is restored,
 >the code runs as smoothly as it does in v3 with the captured va$. --me

≪ I don't get any problem with {pr_1}{sx86,{va$nw}}{pr_2}
 by itself in my xy3 v. 3.55. ≫

Hi, Harry. It runs fine in my v3.57 too. The problem is in code ported
to xyDos 4; I forget which release--early, at any rate. (Discovered that
the reason I hadn't been able to load v4 was a corrupted startup.int.)

≪ That suggests it's something in a) your version, b) your
 startup.int, or c) the preceding code in your pgm. Have you
 tried a vanilla startup.int? and did you get the freeze-up
 with just {pr_1}{sx86,{va$nw}}{pr_2} by itself? ≫

Well, that advice is as good for v4 as v3, and I'll try it
by itself. But if it doesn't run with my startup.int, the
problem is with v4, not my startup.int. I.e., it should run
in any setup. I could easily hardcode {is86} as 0, my own
nw default. Whatever, thanks.

≪ P.S. Will be away in the frozen Canadian North for the weekend.
 Enjoy balmy NYC, Annie and Robert. ≫

A helluva time of year to visit Canada, but have fun. 	--annie