Re: vDosXy color modes

Reply to note from "John Paines"
(Redacted sender "vf200" for DMARC) Tue, 17 Nov 2015 14:52:12 +0000
(UTC)

John,

> how did you get Courbd to work with xy3/4 PCL printer drivers --
> presumably via vDosxy?

I didn't do anything different from what I was doing before. I load my
ancient HP LaserJet II printer file from 20 years ago, HPLJ-2P.PRN. To
print a file, I do TYF filename,X:\XY4\FO.TMP, then launch
PCLPRINT.BAT, located in the directory with vDos.exe, consisting of the
following lines:

rem PCLPRINT.BAT
@echo off
cd /d %~dp0
if exist PCLPRINT.PDF del/q PCLPRINT.PDF
pcl6.exe -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=PCLPRINT.PDF
"%1"
start SumatraPDF.exe PCLPRINT.PDF
exit

It's all automated, and works like a charm.

Here's a screen shot -- from SumatraPDF, not XyWrite. WYSIWYG rules.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx