Re: Mixed up colors

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Fri, 15 Jul 2016
23:09:33 -0400

Harry,

> For vDos does MAGIC EMS add memory for anything besides the
> dictionary? And do you recommend using it or just doing /e4096?

I do recommend loading it (EMSMAGIC.COM, v1.1), and using /e4096. EMS
Magic does seem to make more expanded memory available to XyWrite for
non-dictionary purposes, as evidenced by the non-appearance, or at
least the delayed appearance, of the reverse-video "X" in the upper
righthand corner of the screen (indicating disk-swapping). At any rate,
it does no harm.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx