Re: Nota Bene Mailing List has moved

Thanks, Carl.  ISTR that historically the level of tech help to be found there did not compare all that favorably with what exists here, but I guess I should subscribe there as well.

No one seems to have picked up on my recent query about where the NB envelope address templates one creates live.  I would have thought perhaps some .Ini file, but nothing jumped out.  It may come down to my making some new ones on this latest beta update, then checking all the file dates to see if any have incremented.

   Jordan

From: Carl Distefano
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:21 PM
Subject: Nota Bene Mailing List has moved

As you may or may not be aware, the Nota Bene Mailing List recently
moved from its longtime home at Hamline University to the list
server at Michigan State University. When the change-over was being
discussed on the NB list last summer, I advocated for a procedure
that would automatically move all current subscribers to the new
server with no need for action on the subscriber's part -- a
transition modeled on the XyWrite list's move from U.Penn. to
http://freelists.org/ some years ago. Evidently my plea fell on deaf ears:
it dawned on me this week that I had abruptly stopped NB list posts
from the time the new list went live in September; it seems that it
was necessary to subscribe manually to the new list! Since others
may be in the same boat, I thought I'd let you know, and pass on
some useful information about the new list.

The home page for the new list is here:
http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=NOTABENE

The list subscription page is here:
http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=NOTABENE