 From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Morris Krok
 Sent: 23 May 2000 17:30
 To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
 Cc: herb@xxxxxxxx
 Subject: XyWrite Revealed, third person etc.

  from Morris Krok
    essence@xxxxxxxx
  myfile xymis.txt(toedit)

  to xywrite@xxxxxxxx

  I use xywrite 111 but have all the programs in my arsenal. Xy4dos, xywin,
nbdos and nbwin5.005a. Nbwin 5.004 did not work as it would not load the
font files but version 5.005a works fine.

  However as I am well acquainted with XyWrite Revealed by Herbert Tyson
and most of the programs that is included in his book, I use XyWrite 111
extensively to input data.

  What I would like to know has anyone written a program that will convert
first person into third person. Recently I had to change a 5 pages into
third person and it was rather tedious.

  Also since 1989 I have accumulated hundreds of files which include
quotations from many sources. If these are included in more than one
directory has anyone written a program that will close the current file and
bring the next one in line in that directory or a file where all the
directories are combined, onto the screen. In other words the ability to go
from one file to another in sequence.

  One of the most useful programs in XyWrite Revealed is Home.pm. It puts
the line where the cursor is one to the top of the screen. It makes it
easier to edit a screen page file from the top and not the bottom or middle.
It is a very short program.
 DX LB >HM >==>DO
 MU

  There are two program in Herb Tyson's books which requires a slight
change to work. Removeit.pm on page 338. First line should read
 and not

  Getsess.pm on page 335 will work if line six from the bottom is altered
to the following:
 BC jmp XC BC GT NX
 in other words he has omitted NX (Next Window function).

  Referring to Savesess.pm on page 334, I do not understand the logic of
 Line six;  on line seven and ==1 on line 12. Trying
to fathom this has bothered me for quite some time. Does anyone have the
answer.

   By the way I am the fellow that sent the Old Fashion Guy e-mail a few
weeks back. As I do believe in using the best from the old with the new, it
should be taken with this view in mind.