RE: XY4 -> clipboard

At 02:15 PM 12/12/00 -0500, Jane Van Tassel wrote:

>With XyWin running as a Win98 app, it is

In XY-Win, of course, this is no problem. I was asking about XY-DOS

 -- as I'm sure FH and RvR both
>know -- easier still:
>* highlight the text you want (using mouse or the vastly superior Xy
>methods)
>* paste highlighted text into the clipboard by Shft+Insert

I have (grudgingly) redined the keys to Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V to conform to the
usual Windoze standard, deviating from my basic rule to continue with the
old WordStar key assignment as far as possible. Sometimes, one has to
compromise.

>clipboard procedures don't seem to work with XY4DOS in a DOS window, which
>is what RvR asked about. I seem to recall that RvR is implacably hostile to
>XyWin.

You remember wrong. I have been using XY-Win for a long time in parallel to
XY3 and quite like it. It was XY-DOS 4 that I found notchy, until I
switched to the new computer.
There are lots of people on the list who dislike XY-Win. I am one of the
exceptions.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)